Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Buttons, Lace, Ribbons and Bows

Lately, I have been wanting to get into some fun crafts and also make some extra money. I went through some stuff that I had laying around and realized that it was possible...so I got to work. After a couple of hours I was so excited that my creative juices were flowing..and I would say that they turned out pretty nifty!
These were my supplies...

In Texas we have a cool little store called Hobby Lobby! I love this place and ever since I discovered it, I shop there all the time! One day, while shopping for scrap-booking stuff I discovered a 200 piece bag of buttons..they were so pretty. It was made up of all types of buttons and I had to buy it. I had no idea what to do with it but I knew I could put it to good use. On another note, I guess you can say that I am a little obsessed with bow-ties but I never see any that I am crazy about...so... I figured why not try and make some? I looked at some tutorials online and went for it. Although, I have so much more to make this was my first try and I'll say that it turned out GREAT!

These were the final results...SCORE!
 I plan on doing a garage sale in the next few weeks so I can sell my little bows, and some other stuff I have laying around! I'm so excited about this...Wish me luck...and if you would like to purchase one please let me know!