Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The "AMEN"

 אמן - [AMEN in Hebrew]
I wanted to share with you a sermon that my Pastor preached back in February! I know it's a little ways back but it has been sitting on my heart to share with you all and I had to blog about it now! I just 'LOVE' learning something new of scripture. Let's look at Revelations 3:14-17 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth."

If you have been in church for a while you have probably heard of this scripture used as a reference to being a hot or cold believer; meaning you either will or will not serve God faithfully because their is no 'middle ground.' However, I would like to draw your attention to verse 14. “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 
Here in this scripture there are a few names of our Lord mentioned, (2nd) the faithful (3rd) and true witness (4th) the ruler,  did you miss the (1st) name of God? "The Amen" that is a name of God I had never realized before...WOW! It is not a highly recognized name of God in scripture or in our daily lives. It doesn't come on bookmarks, it isn't taught in a regular Bible study....But it is a Name of God!!
In Isaiah 65 He is noticed as the "Amen" again but in our Bibles we don't read that because in the translation process it was lost since the thought didn't translate correctly, turning it into the "God of Truth" translated from Amen. People believe that the word Amen, means "so be it" but that is a weak meaning/translation. In the Talmud the word 'Amen' is an acronym meaning 'He is the reliable God.'
What does it mean to say that He is the 'Amen'?
It literally means 'make it happen.' So when He says He is the Amen, He is saying "I am the God that makes it happen." WOW! Doesn't that encourage you [I know it did for me!]?
When we hear that voice say it's gonna happen, it is literally the voice of 'The Amen' saying 'I will make it happen.'
The Amen was in the fiery furnace with 3 young men in the Old Testament! 
The Amen was in the lion's den with Daniel!
The Amen will show up!
We serve THE GOD THAT MAKES IT HAPPEN....AMEN!
The voice of the 'Amen' gives us hope!
I truly hope this blesses you, astonishes you and teaches you that God is the AMEN and He will show up in your life. To God be ALL THE GLORY & HONOR forever! 
Click here to hear the mp3 for this particular sermon! 

I truly am blessed by our Pastor and my church every week I will be blogging more of his preachings in the future!! Stay Tuned for A Word from WHAG
as I have decided to make this a weekly feature, to blog about the things that really matter to me!   
God Bless you today!