Sunday, April 17, 2011

D.I.Y.ing it up!

Every few months I get bored with the way my house looks so I change it up....I really like change! So I've been looking for some D.I.Y.'s and found one that I could do immediately. I decided to bring red back in to my house after I had taken it all out. So I finished up these paintings a while back but hadn't put it up because I was looking for some other pieces to add with it. [Don't think I'm completely done but its good for now!] Sorry I didn't take a picture of it while in the process but here it is...

 You can start by taping together your blank canvas with random lines of tape.
Then you start painting away how ever you'd like....let it dry, then pull off the tape and VOI-LA! 

 This vase above was my 'inspiration' piece. I saw it at Target but it was too much money so I decided to make my own. The black vase below I found at Ross on clearance for 1/3 of the price. It was made of wood so I bought it and decided to paint it myself! 


See the black vase below?! I think it turned out pretty great. The other 2 vases I found on sale at Ross & Goodwill. I'm liking how this all looks together, now I'm just looking for something to put in the black vase......I think ;) Enjoy! And be inspired. DIYing can definitely be cheaper and more fun because it's original!