Friday, August 19, 2011

My audition for THE VOICE!


I'm sorry this post is loaded with lots of detail....but I promise it has purpose! Read on...
.


I wanted to share a very exciting experience with you all! This week I put aside nerves, fears, etc... and tried out for that amazing new NBC show "The VOICE" [You should definitely be proud of me! hahaa!] I am a total chicken when it comes to those things, I have always had this attitude that I'm not good enough to make it and while this may possibly be true, I put on my big girl panties and sucked up my pride. It was so liberating! I must say I am so proud of myself [my husband was so encouraging and practically made me do it, he's amazing]!!! Although I didn't make it past the first round, I have a new confidence and aspiration for myself. You see, singing has been something I have been in love with my ENTIRE life! There is just a special quality it has. I feel like music is the language I speak most fluently!! I express myself so much better through music and writing! Ok ok so I'm done with that mushy stuff haha! Here is a little of my experience!
Lots of people in line!
So I woke up at 1am on Wednesday morning got ready, packed some snacks and got on the rode at about 2:30 and drove 3 hours and 45 minutes to Houston, Texas. The entire time I was laughing at myself thinking I was nuts for doing this but I knew I had to do it. I had been excited about it for weeks now! So I did vocal lessons in the car, warmed up my voice, practiced and talked to God [A LOT], it was awesome! I got there at about 6:15 & there was already a huge crowd outside. Doors opened at 7am and I must say that it moved very quickly, I was impressed with the overall experience and organization. One of the producers of the show came out to talk to us and give us some good pointers. But mostly just told us that we needed to relax, be ourselves, be genuine, and to form new friends/family. He promised that the show was about treating us with integrity and respect [he was not lying either].




So once inside they checked us in & moved us to a room of about 500-600 people. There, we waited a bit then went to smaller rooms of about 100-150 people then took us by rows of 14 people at a time to our audition rooms. I must say the entire time all the crew from "The VOICE" was amazing & so sweet, they totally treated us with respect! My favorite part was that they addressed us all as "Artists" I felt so appreciated.It was so amazing to know that we were all there for the same reason and it was cool to see people all around you warming up there voices, doing vocal runs, and what not. Anywhooo, we went into rooms by a group of 14 ARTISTS at a time. Ahhhhhh this was the hardest part of it all, knowing I had to sing in front of my new buddies! Well I was #6 up to sing and once I opened my mouth nothing but confidence came out! I was really proud of myself. I sang "Love is your color" by Jennifer Hudson. We only got to sing a verse and a chorus, not an entire song but it was good enough time to show what we got, haha! And boy was there talent in that room! I got chills from some of those people as they sang! Unfortunately, once we all finished, the judge in the room decided not to pick any one from our group of "Artists" but she let us down so kindly that I was not even sad, in fact I felt brave & she encouraged us to audition again next year.

So like I have said, I am so excited about my new found confidence. I have to give a big THANK YOU shout out to the people who work for "The VOICE" they were all so great & encouraging. I would definitely try out again. I also got to meet some talented people in the journey, I am so grateful for all of it!!! So I encourage you guys to go after what you want, tackle your dreams,  walk/run/leap through open doors because you never know when your opportunity will come! [Sorry that I don't have more pics but we weren't allowed to take pics inside the building]

I Love you all! I will continue to work on my voice, audition when possible and sing until the day I die because....
I SPEAK MUSIC! 
Never stop praying for me and I will pray for you....whatever your dreams are! 


1 Thessalonians 5:17 "pray without ceasing"

Ephesians 6:18 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people."