Tuesday, January 6, 2015

oh for grace to trust Him more

Have you ever had one of those "come to your senses moments"? When you realize just how far God's mercy and grace extends? I've been reflecting lately on His powerful hand of protection.
I've made lots of bad choices, put myself in some scary situations but by God's wonderful grace I'm still here, still standing. 
I don't know how or why he loves me so much but He does and guess what...? 
He loves you too! 
Every single bit of you. 

I've read it before, "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve. Mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve." 

I've had this old hymn in my head that last few days:

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

  • Chorus:
    Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
    How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
    Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
    Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Isn't it crazy that we need grace, (we need help) to trust God more
How do you feel about that?
What do you think about it?




Photobucket