Wednesday, December 28, 2011

T-Scarf (D.I.Y)

A couple of weeks ago I came across a brilliant T-scarf DIY by Mr Kate and I immediately had to try it. So I begged my hubs for an old T-shirt and got to work. It was so easy. I've got to buy some more t's to start working one but here is the gist of it!

Start with a t-shirt and scissors or a rotary cutter.

Lay out the shirt and cut it off at the sleeves so that all you have left is the body of the shirt.

You will cut it into strips as you see above but not all the way through the shirt, 
leave at least an inch or two of the shirt at the top. 
Then you will pull each cut piece of fabric so that it curls up as in the picture below.

Get embellishments! (I used a broken earring and some reflective gem pieces that I have a ton of.) 

You will gather the shirt at the top that is not cut through and 
using your hot glue gun you will start to wrap the uncut part to hide it. 
Then you add your embellishments as desired. 

Final product!

Here is your pretty new scarf ;) 

If you would like to see the actual DIY video it is here.

So much fun and so cute! Enjoy!