Thursday, November 24, 2011

ThanksGIVING memories!

Phil 1:3  I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you

YAY! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with people you love! Even though I am so many miles away from home I am grateful for the people in my life and the people I get to share today with!
But for some reason I have the Dominican Republic on my mind. 2 years ago, I went with a group from my church to a little city called Loma de los Palos [I believe that was the name] in Dominican Republic. Even though I was away from my family I really enjoyed being with the special people there. We took a group of 11 from my church and literally preached in the streets, on the side of the mountains and in homes. It was amazing, I loved every minute of it. So today, I am giving thanks for the opportunities in which I was able to be a short term missionary. I was working with kids who literally have nothing but still show so much joy. And today, I'm grateful for a job where I minister to kids from other countries on a daily basis. That is true joy! I'm so thankful to God.....he knows just what we need!
..Some pics of our missionary journey..
My missionary buddy! 

These head lamps came in handy when preaching in the
streets where there was no electricity!



Preaching on the mountain side!

Special lil men!


I wish I could be there today to give a big hug to all the kids I met while I was there. 
Enjoy your day with the ones you love most! 
Happy day to give THANKS! 

1 Thess 1:2 We always thank God for all of you, remembering you constantly in our prayers.