Tuesday, December 13, 2011

celebrations, love & the greatest gift of all!

The tree at my job decorated by the boys there..
Who doesn't love Christmas??!! The delicious food, great holiday cheer, parties with your buddies, the smell of the cold crisp air, shopping, smiles, family, love and gifts......
My favorite part of Christmas is the reason for the season.....Jesus! It's great to know that Jesus thought we were worth dying for and that's why he came to Earth, to fulfill a mission of love! 

Today at my job we got to share the real reason behind Christmas with the boys at our shelter. We read the story in Luke 2 about the birth of Jesus and they enjoyed it! We went around the room and said what we were thankful for and one of the boys just about made me cry when he said that he was thankful to come to know Jesus while here at our shelter.....if that's not a blessing then I don't know what is. He continued to thank us as staff for helping counsel him and take care of him. Over the last couple months I've really struggled with frustrations over my job and question of why? 
Why do I have this job?
Why is this the only job that came up for me?
Why......why.....why.....
And today it made more sense then ever! I get to pray with the boys, talk to them about Jesus and share the Word of God with them.....all of which is highly unlikely in any other work setting. So as long as I am here I will take advantage of the opportunity & give thanks to God for the open door! 



May your holiday be blessed with love, cheer and family! From my family to your home! 
Merry Christmas! 
Happy Holidays!
And a lovely New Year to you and yours!