Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Grace


A couple of years ago our youth were about to embark on a journey.
We decided to do a 40 day fast!!
Just before the fast began we had a 3 day promotional event to kick it off.
I was Blessed with the opportunity to
teach at a Youth conference and just before I taught I was inspired to write this poem:








Lord, on the Cross you took my place,
Each sin with its disgrace.
But each time that I call,
Your mercy saves me from my fall.
You ask what this challenge means to me,
Well, it's the unfolding of my destiny
This is a challenge I choose today,
A journey worth its beginning,
A journey truly worth finishing.
No task becomes too hard,
No sacrifice could be too great,
For my Savior who willingly shed his blood.
So I separate to see him face to face.
As I prepare to see his fullness in grace
and without hesitation,
I dedicate myself to this race.
(Melissa Rivera)