Monday, July 28, 2014

zucchini pasta!

I've been wanting to try zucchini pasta for quite some time now. Last night I finally did and it was yummy!!!! I bought one of those cool veggetti things at Walmart for $14.
It took about 2 minutes to turn a big zucchinni into this.
While I created my pasta I was heating up some grapeseed oil in a pan and sautéing fresh garlic and onions. I rarely measure anything while I cook so if that frustrates you....sorry! 


Once the garlic and onions heated up I added chopped grape tomatoes, tri-colored bell peppers and a cube of frozen basil.
                                
Then I added chicken broth. I covered that and let it simmer about 8 minutes till everything was a perfect softness.

When done, I sprinkled a small amount of Parmesan cheese on top.


                               
I also made turkey burgers to go with it. 
We really like turkey burgers around here.  
A delicious healthy blend of veggies and goodness. 
Enjoy and let me know if you tried it too!



Photobucket