Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Proverb a day!

A Proverb a day keeps wisdom in place, just like that old saying, an apple a day...you know the rest!
I've been told that since there are 31 chapters in Proverbs and there are usually 30-31 days in a month that in your devotional time you should read one chapter of Proverbs a day. That sounds so wise to me! It's like daily medicine for the soul. God's word is so healthy for your inner man or woman. Today I experienced a very un-normal day at work. Bickering & backbiting between co-workers just left me sick to my stomach! I feel that I've been urged by the Holy Spirit to be an example of integrity in my position at work and so that is what I'm committing to. I don't have any "normal" daily devotional routine by any means but as I'm sitting here in bed about to doze off I felt I needed to be cleansed by God's word, have you ever felt like that?
So I read Proverbs 11. Have you checked it out? It's intense! I promise that I feel like I was reading about my day...Hehe! I know that sounds mean and judgmental but that is not my intentions by any means. All I can do is pray for God to fill me with wisdom so that I could be a person of integrity, always. Here's to being a better person/co-worker, a godly one!

The first and last verses of the chapter are my favorites:
The LORD detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights.
If the righteous are rewarded here on earth, what will happen to wicked sinners? (Proverbs 11:1, 31 NLT)

In need of a little soul cleansing? Read a Proverb a day I promise that wisdom will begin to flow out of you.
God's word is life changing & challenging for sure! I'm so thankful for God's word today!