Monday, June 24, 2013

Avocado obsessed


I don't know why, but lately I have really been wanting avocado....like all the time. I want it in my soups and with my rice and beans...but then again I guess that's normal for a puerto rican, ha! Also, I love guacamole but until recently have not ever made it on my own. So I gave it a try, I mean...why not? I thought you might like a quick, simple recipe for some yummy guac.
I use: 
1 ripe hass avocado 
1 roma tomato 
a couple branches of cilantro (i love cilantro, so I probably use more than anyone else would like)
2 (sticks?) of chives/green onion (can also use red onion...I just didn't have any)
1 tsp of fresh garlic (if you like it but it can go without)
1 wedge of lime
a dash of salt 
a dash of pepper

directions:
mash avocado & throw it in a bowl
cut up the tomato, cilantro & chives/onions add it to the avocado
add the garlic
mix that all in a bowl together 
sprinkle the salt, pepper & squeeze the lime over it all
mix that altogether and you're ready for some yummy dip.
if you want the flavors to really seep in then you can chill for about 30 minutes 
enjoy!

I made some last night and enjoyed with a homemade chicken quesadilla.......mmmm mmmm mmmm! 
Sorry this picture was taken after I devoured more than half of it.




Seeeeee my obsession....i mean YUM!



Photobucket