Friday, April 12, 2013

Gateway Arch tour!

Yup! I did it! I may have been scared out of my mind but I did it :)
We went to the top of the Arch and it was BEEEEAUUUUTIFUL!!!
The wait in line was about an hour but felt like forever because we waited outside in the cold! The ticket to go up was only $10 but the view was glorious!
We could see all of Downtown St. Louis on one side and part of Illinois on the other side. Spectacular!
So the ride up to the top was scary. It's about 4 minutes in a small cube like "elevator" where 5 people sit tightly together. Have I ever mentioned my serious claustrophobic issue? Ummm yea I tried not to freak out but I kinda did.
My family all thought it was hilarious, I however did not.
After that we enjoyed walking around downtown and got to see the Cardinals stadium and the beautiful courthouse. Such a great city!