Friday, October 12, 2012

Birchbox {September 2012}


Birchbox! I just got into this a couple of months ago. It's really a great way to sample & discover all kinds of products from health & beauty to lifestyle and everything in between. I've even received yummy nutrition bars in my Birchbox package (food samples?? that makes me even happier...hahaha!)
Anyhow, I've been wanting to do a mini product review each month and always forget but before I open my October box, I wanted to share my thoughts on September's goodies.

Color Club [Polish] In blue! First of all, I love the color blue and I love nail polish...that was just love at first sight. I was very pleased with this sample. The color looked great on and it lasted a good couple of days. I highly  recommend this product. See picture below.
They even had a fun Chevron nail DIY on the Birchbox website you can see here

Jouer [Matte Moisture Tint] I have never tried any kind of moisturizing tint before so I was glad to try one. I liked the way that it went on, it didn't feel like I was wearing a lot of make-up, and it went on smooth ans blended well. The smell was clean, which I really liked. This product is definitely going in my hospital bag so that when I pop my lil one out I can get a quick refreshed look for pictures. I highly recommend trying this one.

Kate Spade [Twirl] At this point in my pregnancy perfume has become difficult to wear because they all seem to strong for me. However, I still tried it and the smell is great! If I had to describe the smell, it's sort of a after the rain, fresh, spring smell. I recommend giving it a try.

An Apothecary [Soy Body Whip in poppy] I rubbed this all over my big pregnant belly, haha! Not only does it smell good but it has a nice shine to it. It wasn't oily or goopy. It was a great moisturizer and it lasted pretty much all day. I definitely recommend it.

Twistband [lace hair tie] The concept behind the twistband is pretty meets sporty & it's gentle on hair without leaving dents. That is definitely true of this product and I really liked it, besides it looks cute on your wrist when you're not using it. The downside of it for me was that it started to look worn out after a few uses. It faded and lost it's pretty color, that made me sad. Other than that I would definitely recommend it.

Hollywood Fashion Tape This is definitely a quick fix it for all your wardrobe needs. I have used this in the past to hem pants, to keep a shirt closed in the front and to hold undergarments in place. I highly recommend it for purchase.

Also  in the box was a bonus $25 off a purchase of $75 or more at Madewell I didn't use it but I definitely took a look see around the website and their clothes are super cute (not very budget friendly though).

Hope you enjoyed my product review! Have a nice weekend!