Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sky-DIVING!!! (the perfect graduation gift!)

Hello! Hello! Well this past week was spent in the lovely Sunshine State :D! I spent some time letting the sun kiss my face by both the pool-side & beach-side! I was supposed to be in Lynchburg, VA walking for my graduation, celebrating my Master's degree! But, when I saw how much it was going to cost I quickly considered other options. Since our family lives in Florida we decided to go there...and since a Master's degree is quite the accomplishment my hubs wanted to give me a great present...nothing better than SKYDIVING!!! Oooooh!!! I could definitely do that again...and...again... We went to Skydive Space Center in Titusville. FL.
So Saturday morning I went jumping with 2 friends of mine. I really have no words to describe how beautiful and breathtaking that view is. The feeling is a rush, like no other. It's about a 90 second free fall then a few minutes of gliding and enjoying the view 'til you get to the ground. The entire time I had a smile on my face. We had prepared for a 15,000 feet jump but as I got to the ground I quickly learned that we had been given a nice FREEBIE!!! Since everyone else on he plane paid for the 18,000 ft jump they decided to take us up that high too! My instructor was great & super fun! Again, it is an indescribable feeling, it's liberating, exhilarating, breathtaking and all around amazing! I have a small video I am making and will post shortly [I chose not to buy the one that took of me, as it was quite costly!] But here goes: my very exciting JUMP day! 5-14-2011
Keeping myself entertained while on the way....so that I don't chicken-out!

Approaching.....EEEEEK!!!!

About to get all strapped up!

My handsome hubs!

Benji!!

Ashanty!!!

Ahhhh....it's really about to happen!?!

Making sure it's all secure!

He's got jokes!

Ready to board!!! YIKES!!!!

Thinking...I'm nuts for doing this!

Oh no!!!!

We've jumped and we are CERTIFIED crazy!!

My diploma [really should say 18,000 ft!]


They were glad that I made it back safe!! Haaaah!

 
OOOOO [kisses]!!! 


 So will you take the challenge?! You definitely should...you won't regret it! ;)