Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Easy Caramel frappe


Of course I love me some frappes but they get expensive on a regular.
So what's a gal on a budget to do?
Make them at home. I found that instant coffee is a perfect quick fix.
What will you need?
-your favorite instant coffee
-6 oz of hot water
-caramel syrup, sugar or your favorite sweetener (ie: agave, sweet condensed milk)
- COLD milk
-whipped topping

  1. Mix one packet of instant coffee with 6 oz of hot water.
  2. Add in your sugars or preferred sweeteners, I like to add caramel syrup or even sweet condensed milk to taste and add in your desired amount of COLD milk then top with whipped cream and dazzle with some more caramel syrup on top [I love CARAMEL syrup and tend to get carried away].
  3. Add some ice if you want to make it colder....That's it!
  4. Easy and done in under 5 minutes.
  5. Enjoy it!


Additional tips: 
-I usually have frozen ice cubes of coffee that I will throw into the mix so it doesn't get watered down with the ice.
-You can use already made cold coffee to add to the mix to make it colder instead of using ice also adds to the flavor.
-Keep it simple and yummy, if it's too complicated then its no fun.


Photobucket