Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wooden crate transformation & shelf DIY


I'm loving ALL my nursery projects. I realize that as I finish one piece and add it to the room I get a whole new idea and I start  changing things up again. This happens at least once a week. Ha! Oh well, my daughters room is probably my favorite one in the house. It's so peaceful and sweet. So this was her only book shelf until I found these below.

A couple of weeks ago my neighbors were all throwing out some pretty sweet things...so naturally I went garbage picking. I got these cute crates among some other amazing things like, patio furniture and an old recliner. ALL FOR FREE...very very cool!
So one of the crates was pink and the other green. I painted the green one yellow and it's now sitting in my living room looking quite lovely. I put some vases in it and it's pretty.
  
The pink one I decided to leave pink and just add some yellow polka dots. Cute, huh?
Now its sitting in my daughter's room as a second book shelf. I love it. Even the cute little legs were a perfect add to it. Whoever made this is a genius!


These crates are sold at Michael's you can get them for as little at $10-14. 
With just a little color they become very useful. 
Any other ideas for them? Please share.
Enjoy!

Photobucket