Monday, July 8, 2013

Quick workout ideas!

Need some ideas for quick workouts?! Here you go.
I want to help you out. 
I am a FULL TIME momma & housewife so you know what that means....I enjoy it all but don't get much 'me' time or time to workout for that matter so I HAVE TO get creative. I have  f i n a l l y  gotten back on a workout routine (gees my daughter is 8 months old already...it was about time!) any way, I'm loving it and feeling 'the burn' or that day after soreness reminds me of how much I loved working out.

I have a ton of workout videos (which are great b/c attending a gym now is out of the question) but they are all 30 - 55 minutes and I wish I had that much time to dedicate to working out, but I don't so I invested in some 10 min workouts and on a good day I'll get around to doing 2 at once. For now, it's the small goals and a 10 min workout is better than nothing.

So in the case that I really can't squeeze in the 10 min DVD (or decide to take a nap instead) I have other ways of sneaking in some effective workouts while doing the regular chores that I have to do:
While washing dishes I will do squats usually 30-45.
Or I will do a 3 set routine of:
15 calve raises
15 backward leg extenders on each leg (aka the butt lifter)
15 side leg kicks/raises 
You can also try this routine while cooking, brushing your teeth or folding laundry. 

Another good workout is doing lunges as you walk to another room to get something and then do the lunges on the way back.

Want a quick arm workout too?
Do 15-20 standing push-ups (that's when you lean up against the wall and push off) or regular floor push-ups while your waiting for that bottle to warm up, heating up that food, waiting for the coffee to brew or after a quick restroom run. 

All it takes is a little thought and you are on your way to a better looking you. 
Eat to Live, don't Live to Eat.
Workout to be healthier.
Keep pressing.
Just do it.
You'll thank me later. ;)


!love!