Wednesday, August 20, 2014

be proud of your failures

Let's talk about failure....
It's rough.
It's tough.
It can beat you down.
It makes you feel weak, unworthy, incapable and washed out.
That is N O T true.
On the opposite side it means that you have tried.
Failure doesn't feel good but it sure means something good.
It can build us up stronger, tougher and bolder than we have ever been.
It is not just a setback, it is a reminder that what you tried didn't work...BUT...don't give up.
Don't give in to the false satisfaction of mediocrity.
You were created to shine, so do just that.
Be bold.
Laugh at your past failures.
Thank those experiences for showing you that you were capable of trying.
Then, crush your goals and create the future that you really want or need.
Try harder.


Did you know:
-Oprah Winfrey was fired from one of her first jobs because she was "unfit for TV."
-Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because "he lacked imagination and had no good ideas."
-Before J.K. Rowling had any "Harry Potter" success, the writer was a divorced singled mother on welfare struggling to get by.
-The first time the young comedian, Jerry Seinfeld, walked on stage at a comedy club, he looked out at the audience, froze and was eventually booed off stage.

-Before landing "I Love Lucy," Lucille Ball was widely regarded as a failed actress.
-Fred Astaire was noted, "Can't act. Can't sing. Slightly bald. Can dance a little."
-Steven Spielberg was rejected from the University of Southern California School of Theater, Film and Television three times.
-
After being cut from his high school basketball team, a young Michael Jordan went home and cried in the privacy of his bedroom.
-
Steve Jobs was a college dropout, a fired tech executive and an unsuccessful businessman.
-
Jimmy Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry, fired Elvis Presley after just one performance telling him, "You ain't goin' nowhere, son. You ought to go back to drivin' a truck."
Read more here


Sometimes it's a matter of the right timing, but failure is not final. 
It is a refiner. 
What have you failed at that you believed you were supposed to do? 
(wow! as I wrote that last sentence I was literally reminded of something that I gave up on) this is a challenge for me too.
I'd love to hear how this post inspires you.

Contact me and tell me.
Can I help you meet a goal? Email me at coachmelissaivette@gmail.com, I want to hear your story.

                                           
Try it! 
I dare you to go out and fail. 
I guarantee it will bring you one step closer to your desired goal.
Want to chat about this more? Message me.
You are a winner that was created by the hand of the Master. 
Let His light shine through you.

-Mel