Friday, October 21, 2011

New Wall Decor!

I was so excited to finish finish this project! Although, I am completley aware that I am no Michaelangelo the fact that I can contribute my talents to decorating my home is so thrilling for me! I honestly don't know when or how that creative gene in me began to manifest...haha....but it does run in my family. My mom has always had a creative eye so I am just so proud to say that I inherited it as well! Ok, so enough about that! If you read my post a while back called [Boys can be creative too] my hubs started the project so I just jazzed it up and finished it.

For starters all you need is canvas, mod podge, newspaper and a paint brush....the paint is for later!
1) Cut the newspaper into small sections to create your art on canvas.
2) Then you will spread the mod podge in sections and place the newspaper pieces on it then paint the mod podge over the paper. Do this until the canvas is covered in newspaper [or to your liking].
3) Let the canvas dry....it should have a nice gloss to it when its ready.
4) Paint your artwork as you like!

So basically my husband started this project by painting that bridge in the top corner.
I just chose to leave that part exposed and 
cut the newspaper to fit around it just because I loved what he started.
The best thing about the newspaper is, if you mess up on the painting then you can just cover that section with newspaper and it erases your mistakes! [Love that part]
I definitely had a few drafts before I was satisfied!

1st draft

2nd draft

3rd draft & finally happy!
Try it and let me know how it turns out! 
Contact me if you have any questions!
Happy Painting!