Thursday, October 30, 2014

Spaghetti squash.......what??!!

Have you ever tried spaghetti squash pasta? I know it sounds weird but it tastes pretty darn good. This is so quick and simple to make. I had my dad and grandma try it while they were in town a few weeks ago and they loved it. My husband, not so much, but then again he's not a vegetable eater.


I pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees then when it's ready I stick the whole 
squash in the oven and bake it for 45 minutes. 
Once it's done I cut the squash in half and let it cool for a few minutes.
Then I "gut" it out. 
I literally take a fork and scrape out the middle, it just falls apart perfectly.

While the squash is baking, I will cook my choice of meat, we really like ground turkey. 
I cook that stovetop then add my favorite spaghetti sauce to it. 

Then I take a strainer and lay a paper towel in it and let the spaghetti squash "drain"
The paper towel helps the excess water to be soaked up.
 (this step is optional) 
I let the drained squash cook stovetop with some olive oil and garlic/garlic powder. 
Stir and after a few minutes it's ready to be eaten. 
I only do this because I really like the taste of garlic 
but you don't have to do this at all if you prefer not to.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top.
Then mix and enjoy! 

As I mentioned earlier my hubby did not like it because he's not a vegetable eater so I made him some
whole wheat spaghetti to eat with the ground turkey (pictured below) and he was happy. Easy meal for everyone.


Let me know if you try it! I'd love to hear your feedback.

Photobucket