Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Yummies!

The worst part of summer is the exhaustive heat, especially here in San Antonio. I'll tell ya, I run away from the heat at all costs. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but lately summer heat has had me staying inside. But I love a nice cold smoothie on a hot summer day. I needed to find creative ways to get more iron into my diet so I looked up some smoothie ideas and found a yummy mix that I love.
So easy..What I used was:
a handful of spinach 
2 apples 
1 banana 
a few strawberries 
Oikos organic greek yogurt 
Bolthouse Farms Orange and Carrot juice 

I really like the Bolthouse juices I've tried them all!
[Note* most people are weirded out by the spinach but you really 
cannot taste it in the smoothie, I added it for the boost of extra iron.]  


You can add ice if you choose.
Blend.
Pour into your favorite cup.
Sip & Enjoy!
There you have it...all natural and all yummy!

Try and see if you like :)
Stay cool in this summer heat!