Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Her Husband...a story on Submission


She waits her whole life to know him...
She prays to have a complete life with him...
She picks out his best qualities and wonders which ones he will actually have...
She waits anxiously for the day she will meet him..asking is he already in my life?
She waits for day that she will meet eye to eye as she walks down that aisle...What will that feel like?
She knows not what lies ahead...but knows that together everything will be just right!
A lady and her love can never know what will face them in the journey called Marriage but they will do anything to find out!
As they begin the path of LIFE & LOVE...they grasp hands and pray their years will be long and blessed together.
The love of a husband is like no other relationship. It is one of unique qualities and an even more unique love. They know that their dreams lie in one another's hands.

One thing I have to understand is that a husband is like a precious jewel...rare to find and lovely to behold. I love being a wife because I am married to my best friend. He loves, respects, protects and honors me. I have learned a lot about what it is to be married by the scripture which captures the essence of marriage. Ephesians 5:22-33:
"22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

There is no better way to explain this, the scripture is so clear and so invigorating! Many women feel the need to make there own rules in marriage because they don't understand what it means to "submit" which in verse 33 we see that it is meant to respect your husband. By a woman disregarding this key element of respect to her husband she is not respecting or honoring God (she is in sin). In fact by learning to respect her husband she learns to submit to and respect God.
I personally never liked the word "submit" but as I become more knowledgeable of the meaning and of the Word of God I see that it is not meant in a degrading manner but we are to submit to our husbands as we do Christ. Likewise I see how my own husband seeks to protect, love, honor and respect me and I know he is a godly man who loves me...so I will gladly submit to, honor and respect the husband that God gave me to honor both God and my Husband...
I love him endlessly....


Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. ~Simone Signoret